You guys, I wrote a list of all the jobs I've had over the last 20 years. I'm going to share them with you, hoping to make you crack up and be like, "me too girl."
- Babysitter (one time I babysat for a family with 5 children and they gave me $5 an hour. I was in my teens and didn't know how to say, WHAT THE F?!)
- TV Sales Coordinator for Clear Channel Communications
- English Teacher in Thailand
- Emcee at a bar mitzvah
- Voiceover Actor for a video game
- Kidd Valley Cashier
- Receptionist at a hair salon
- Curves Membership Girl + Circuit Trainer
- Nanny for sweet fams
- Childcare at a Foursquare Church near WSU
- Temporary Administrative Assistant
- Screen Press Shirt Assistant
- Production Assistant nationwide
- Fitness Mode for Medbridge
- Stock Photography Model
- Operations Manager of a Production Company called Tri Film
- Catering Sales Manager for Veggie Grill
- Brand Ambassador for various brands
- Fitness Model for MPG Sport
- Brand Manager for various brands
- Sno Angel for Snoqualmie Casino
- Go Go Dancer for Club Heavens & Snoqualmie Casino
- EMR Assistant for a medical software company where I used to travel nationwide
- VIP Hostess for Black Eyed Peas
- Waitress/Server/either way for Hilton
- Marketing Representative for more than 100+ top named brands, including Quest Nutrition...
- Health Coach for Fearful to Fit
- Founder of Fearful to Fit, walkntalkwellness, Fit Girl Seattle
- Medical Sales Rep for Valant
- AdvoCare Nutrition Coach
- Yoga Instructor for gyms, studios, apartment complexes and corporate retreats
- Barre Instructor for gyms and studios
- Retreat Leader for Fearful to Fit
- Writer for doyouyoga.com and my blog
- Actress for Zulily, Warner Bros. and more
- Extra for commercials
- Hand model for Sephora
- Assistant to a Kundalini Yoga Master
- Assistant to a Yoga Production Owner
- Marketing Director of a gym
- and these are the only ones I can remember...I know there are more!
So, as you can see, I started working for dolla dolla bills at the ripe ol' age of 12 and over the last almost 20 years, I've had the most insane zig zag job trail. Now I am at a place of acceptance. Health + Wellness is the direction I've chosen and committed too. Do you know the direction you are going in? Are you still lost? I swear to you, do this writing exercise and it will help you figure out what your life is supposed to include:
Write down every job title you LOVE when you hear someone say it. Write down the names of people you admire. Write down what you want in a job. Write down everything you don't want in a job. Write a list of all the jobs you've had. Circle the ones you loved. Cross out the ones you loathed. There should be a pattern. Now figure out WHY you loved a job, what did it feel like on the inside?
Were you helping people?
Were you making bank?
Are you a good salesperson?
Do you love to write and had a paid writing job?
What would you do if no one else mattered? Not your parents, kids, spouses, siblings, friends, strangers, WHAT THE HELL WOULD YOU BE DOING!? What's your biggest dream that has been fulfilled? Your scariest dream/goal? What holds you back? What are you good at? What can you be real with about yourself that you are not that great at? See a pattern?
When we say to each other, "I have no idea what I want to do with my life." I don't believe it. I believe you haven't been paying attention to the whispers. The voice inside that wants you to hear, but you drown it out with distractions. I think you're scared. You don't know what to do next?
"The dream is too big, how the hell will I ever get there?"
You guys. I spent more than $6,000 on business coaching this year because I said YES to investing in myself. I said YES to making my biz dreams become a reality. I did not want my health coaching biz to be an expensive hobby anymore. I wanted to make real money, I wanted to make a real difference. I wanted people to experience change and success. Investing in myself was the best decision I could have made, because if I didn't, I would've stayed stuck not knowing what to do and feeling like a maniac with ADD and tons of ideas, but no action plan.
I'm cheering for you to commit. I'm cheering for you to invest! I am cheering for CHANGE!!!!