Throw the diets out the window + get ready to love on yourself. No more rollercoasters or "I'm on a 5 Day Juice Cleanse."
Here's 5 reasons why you should NOT diet:
- Creates an unsafe mentality. Dieting is like death. You feel deprived and will overeat the moment you aren't dieting anymore. Hence, defeats the purpose.
- It doesn't last. I can't even tell you how many avenues I tried: Weight Watchers in high school. Barely eating + lots of coffee in college. Overeating - led to 20 extra pounds (fun while it lasted). Finding that listening to intuition and eating foods that came from the earth (not 100%, but enough to make an impact) - priceless.
- Restriction. That's the only way you feel when you're on a diet. Restricted - can't go out to restaurants. No social life and basically no fun to be around.
- You don't have to. You can find inner love, peace and beauty the un-diet way, by eating foods that are minimally processed with few ingredients.
- Life is meant to be enjoyed. When I hear someone going from diet to diet, I always think they are searching an answer to come from somewhere else.
If you start listening to your body and nourishing it with really delicious foods, taking a second to think about what you are doing, you will start to realize that food is way more simple than what you imagined.