Whenever I have a headache or a vertigo spell I say to myself, "Come on girl, get those veggies in, you'll feel so much better." But my stomach says, "Don't you dare get those spices near me!"
So, I try to go for bland-ish foods/snacks/drinks, anything that won't disrupt the monster headache or spins. Your body craves foods for a reason, so instead of eating "what you should," eat what your body wants.
Here are my go-to's in times of trouble:
- Brown rice cakes
- Gluten free toast with coconut oil + cinnamon
- Roasted chicken (this is the only way I can get some protein in without feeling gaggish)
- Sweet potato fries
- Stevia sweetened root beer by Virgil's (found at Whole Foods) I LOVE drinking this when I need something fizzy. Water doesn't cut it sometimes.
- Celery. I know this one seems odd because it's crunchy, which can increase temple pain, but the watery crunch does the trick. I love to dip it in hummus or dijon mustard.
- Half a banana
- Quest bar
- Carrots + dijon or hummus
- Going out to eat. This way you can look at the menu and surprise yourself by ordering something not bland-ish :)
- Coconut water. I drink it to replace the electrolytes and possibility of dehydration.